Wild blueberry loaf bread recipe
On the Magdalen Islands, we have a lot of wild blueberries. There’s a season for the blueberries and I always go pick some for fun. My grandfather always go blueberry picking and brings me a big batch of them. I divide them in smaller dishes and put them in the freezer. They stay good for long in the freezer. When i was younger (and I still do it sometimes), my mom used to give me and my brother frozen blueberries sprinkled with a bit of sugar as a snack. Yummy. I love it!
We can make a lot of different recipes with those tasty berries. And as I’m a blueberry lover, I love all kinda of recipe that includes blueberries. Today, I’m going to show you how to make a wild blueberry loaf bread! It is a delicious and light dessert. And if you are like me, a nice slice of blueberry loaf bread on-the-go in the morning as a breakfast is a good way to start your day!
What you will need:
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of All purpose flour
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups of wild blueberry
First of all, you need to preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, put the sugar, the eggs and the melted butter.
- Mix well using a whisk.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add in the milk and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture and mix well using a whisk.
- Grease and flour a bread pan.
- Add the blueberries to the mixture and mix with a spoon. You don’t want to mix to much because the mixture will become purple and once it’s cooked it’s not really appetizing..
- Pour the mixture in the bread pan and bake in the oven for 60 to 75 minutes (mine took 75 minutes). If you want to check if it is cooked, use a wooden pick and insert it in the middle of the loaf. If the mixture sticks on the wooden pick, it is not ready to take out of the oven yet. If the pick comes out clean, then it is cooked.
- When it is cooked, take out of the oven and let cool.
- Once it is cooled, remove from the bread pan and set on the desired dish. To remove it, you need to scrape off the edges with a knife and flip over. Then flip it over again to put it on the good side.11. Serve with ice cream of your choice. You can also serve with nuts or fresh fruits if you’d like.Enjoy !
Try not to eat it all in one day :p