Tuna loaf recipe
Hi you! Are you a tuna lover like me? I would eat tuna in every meal. Sometimes, when I’m in a hurry for diner, I would just open a can of tuna and eat it like that. Plain! nothing with it :p
I was home one day and I was feeling like eating tuna, and I thought : Why not try to make a tuna loaf? We make meatloaf, salmon loaf, why not tuna, right? So I looked in my fridge and in my pantry and I found everything I needed to try it. It turned out really good! For the sauce I found a Knorr’s bechamel sauce. I usually make my own, but since I was in a hurry, I just went with the easiest and fastest.
- 4 cans of tuna
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. of parsley
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs (I did my own by crushing Breton crackers)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1 cup of milk
First of all, preheat your oven at 350°F.
1. Open your cans of tuna and poor in a large bowl.
2. Add the eggs to the tuna and mix well.
3. Add the parsley, shredded cheese and oats. Mix well.
4. Add the onions and the garlic. Mix.
5. Add in the breadcrumbs. Mix good.
6. Butter and flour a large bread pan.
7. Poor your tuna mixture in the pan and cover with an aluminium paper.
8. Bake in the oven for +/- 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, take the aluminium paper off and bake for another 15 minutes.
9. Serve with potatoes, rice or pasta and veggies of your choice. Buy of make your own white sauce to serve with the tuna loaf.
P.s : sorry for the blurry pictures.. I’m not so good at taking pictures.. plus I was in a hurry :p It’ll do better next time!